ATI Radeon 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder

Meng-Chieh

Weaksauce
In all seriousness, how is the tv/video/dvd-image capturing ability of the 9800 AIW Pro? Also, if I do get the NECC 1760NX-1 LCD, will the tv/dvd-viewing quality be great?

Originally posted by Meng-Chieh
In all seriousness, how is the tv/video/dvd-image capturing ability of the 9800 AIW Pro? Also, if I do get the NECC 1760NX-1 LCD, will the tv/dvd-viewing quality be great?
I wasn't impressed with the image quality while watching TV, so I'm switching to a Hauppauge PVR-250 and a regular 9800 Pro.

I agree, the TV quality is pretty bad. With the NBA playoffs these problems are becoming obvious; often I can't even distinguish the numbers/names on players jerseys. Using a Sony 19" monitor, haven't tried TV out yet (due to lack of TV :( )

Oh man that sux big time - i actually really wanted to get a card that can let me watch tv...shoot

I thought the quality of the AIW 9700 was quite nice, I figured it would get better with the 9800.... you think it might just be the quality of cable?

I have had the 9800 AIW for over 8 months now.
I really have no gripes about TV quality what so ever.

I've used coax and ran my Dish into the computer and it ran great.
(mind you I also used a SAT TUNER)

I currently watch standard Comcast cable over my 9800AIW and I'm perfectly happy with it.

There's nothing like watching IRON CHEF or a Cubs game in the back ground while you IRC or work on a video editing project.

Now about the NBA player's numbers and such, I'm a HUGE baseball and basketball fan. I have never run into a situation where the quality was sub par.

I have a 21" SGI Trinitron tube monitor connected up.
I run 1600 X 1200 @85Hz no lower.

My 9600 AIW looks fine...both for recording and watching..

I've owned the Leadtek Tuner, The Haupauge 250PVR and the 9700Pro/9800Pro AIW cards..

I couldnt really tell you that one was better than the other but only that the Leadtek was by far the worst quality.

In the end I like the bonus of just having one card do everything. Especially now that its in my Dual Opteron 248 workstation...the MSI mobo for that has 4 PCI slots only...and since I leave the one next to the AGP card empty your now down to 3 usable.

Back