• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ATI High Quality VS. Nvidia High Quality

I noticed a bit of shimmering but a large amount of it went away when I knocked my GPU core down another 5MHz. The rest of the shimmering (I am playing FarCry now so this is the only example I have) goes away when I turn HDR off and knock the AA back all the way up. Now the Source engine gives me ZERO shimmering. 78.03 drivers btw. I dont know if it counts because my last ATI was a 9600 but I do prefer ATI over nVidia for some reason. Keep in mind I have had about 85% nVidia cards too
 
swatX said:
woopdedooo! m$ certified! which basically means nothing in realworld. all m$ does it test it to see if they are fine which is exactly what ATI and NV do over and over and over and over and over and over and well you get the point...

Yep next thing you know everyone has pay MS to make software for thier OS. MS certification sucks, if they let nV let by with thier opts for gf fx's who knows what else they skip.
 
Sly said:
Have you considered the fact that 99% of the users don't notice until someone points out EXACTLY where those shimmerings are?

I noticed it. I actually noticed quite a decrease in image quality where AF is concerned compared to my old Geforce3. The performance boost was not bad, but if I take a step back in image quality, what good does that do me? I notice teh same shimmering on my buddy's 6600GT. Terrible.

I'm really disappointed in both of these companies. The 8xAF on my GF3 looks much cleaner and crisper than my x800, it doesn't matter what drivers I use for this card. Turning off AI did fix it a little, but not drastically. I did notice a lot less shimmering, almost to the point where it probably wasn't shimmering anymore. I pretty much stopped caring. All I see now are people sitting and f ighting. Going back and forth on which company is worse.

I'm really getting sick of people defending either one, they know what they are doing and they try to get away with it. What makes either of these companies so honest? Oh well. I had to get that off my chest.
 
I(illa Bee said:
What shimmering? I dont think I have experenced it?
neither do i :rolleyes: i was wonderin why you're crying around for this shimmering, i dont get it anywere ... anyway i like nVIDIA more :D
 
I've noticed this, doesn't bug me a huge deal. What really bugs me is Z-fighting or where two textures collide and overlap each other in spastic movements. I first noticed this with my 6800GT but popped in my 9500 pro to see it it was a hardware problem. The 9500pro had the issue as well. My new 7800GTX with an entirely new PC build also has this same issue. It's extremely noticeable in BF2 if you fly around in helicopters or are a sniper and zoom in on things in the distance. I never hear anyone say anything about it though.
 
Back
Top