ATI Catalyst 9.10 Released

Same thing happened to me too. But it happened before I installed my 5850 and the ati drivers. Just delete the Icon Cache file in windows sys folder. THen restart, this should rebuild your icon cache.

Hmmm...I'll give that a shot!
I had a similar issue in my last install of Win7 where Media Player wouldn't ever load my video library and I had to delete the file cache from that folder, too.
So much for Win7 being bug free. I've had more issues with it than I did with Vista so far :p
 
I'm new to the ATI game. I came from using nVidia cards almost exclusively. However, ATI just seems to have much better bang for the buck.

Anyway, do these drivers support the 4870 line of cards? I see that the 4800 series and the 4800 X2 series are supported. I'm using a 1 gig 4870. Maybe it's a stupid question, but I wanted to make sure. Am I safe to assume the 4870 falls under the former category?
 
Last edited:
I'm new to the ATI game. I came from using nVidia cards almost exclusively. However, ATI just seems to have much better bang for the buck.

Anyway, do these drivers support the 4870 line of cards? I see that the 4800 series and the 4800 X2 series are supported. I'm using a 1 gig 4870. Maybe it's a stupid question, but I wanted to make sure. Am I safe to assume the 4870 falls under the former category?

The 4870/4850 are a part of the 4800 series.
 
Running a 5850 with Win7 x64 (home premium)

I also am getting the flickering on second display (overdrive enabled) -- just noticed this as I only now hooked up 2 monitors temporarily for a specific purpose.

Also I've been occasionally getting that "huge mouse cursor" problem, too. Glad to hear at least someone else is getting that. What's up with that? Is this a common problem with these drivers?

yeesh
 
Running a 5850 with Win7 x64 (home premium)

I also am getting the flickering on second display (overdrive enabled) -- just noticed this as I only now hooked up 2 monitors temporarily for a specific purpose.

Also I've been occasionally getting that "huge mouse cursor" problem, too. Glad to hear at least someone else is getting that. What's up with that? Is this a common problem with these drivers?

yeesh

Try the 9.11 V4 beta? Enable mouse trails to fix the large cursor problem. The 2nd monitor flickering I believe was a clock speed issue?
 
Do you have a link to those beta drivers? Couldn't find it on ATI's website.
 
Back
Top