ATI 9600 AIW for 215 or 9600XT ~155 and 50 dollar TV tuner?

vgi_vinnie

Limp Gawd
For a few months now I have been planning to purchase a 9600 AIW (I wanna start getting into PC games, plus save TV shows/movies to my HDD) and everyone said 9600AIW was a great choice.

After reading a few topics though, http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?item=14-122-132 that product seems to be a popular choice, and it got VERY good reviews at newegg.com.

If I get the AIW I would get HL2, a remote wonder, and a coupon for a remote wonder 2 (which I bet I could sell for 45). If I don't want HL2 or I want to buy it in store I bet I could sell that for 30, so a 9600 AIW could cost me 140.

The reviews on newegg says the standalone TV tuner has much better quality, but how do I know they all compared it to a 9600 AIW?

Can anyone give me some insight from personal experience?

Thanks

Go for the stand alone as if (when) you upgrade your video card, you'll still have the tv tuner instead of having to buy another all in wonder style or get a separate tv tuner then.

My brother just got his 9600 Pro AIW for $180+tax at CompUSA. It had a $50 instant rebate, and then they had a 2 day only extra 10% off everything else. Im not sure when the rebate or the sale ends, I think its today though. May want to check that out.

I've been trying to get to compusa.com for 2 days now and it won't load :(

I plan on using this video card for at least 2 years, like I said I am not a huge gamer, so it's not like in 6 months I am gonna have to go buy a tv tuner and a 9800 or anything. If i could get AIW for 180 though that would be great.

180-40 (HL)-40(TV wonder2) and I would have it for 100 if I decided to do that.

Or I could just sell the TV Wonder 1 remote for maybe 20-30 bucks if someone needed a replacement.

Go separate if you are using anything but a SFF computer. The AIW cards lock you in too much, and carry a hefty premium. Personally, I would suggest a BFG 5900NU for $177 over the 9600XT seeing as it beats the 9600XT in every review, but that's just me.

I recommend seperate cards. When you upgrade your video card in the future, you'll still have the tuner card.

SFF?

here are the specs it will be:
512 PC 2700 RAM
AMD Barton 2600+ probably OCed to 2.2ish
160gb 7200 8 HDD
Soyo kt600 dragon plus mobo
Win XP pro

Back