AT to ATX 'Projekt' (1st Mod!)

projekt

n00b
Hi, this is my first case mod (total noob to case modding)
I've been reading these forums for months now looking for ideas and i thought i would have a go at modding one of a bunch of pc cases i was given for free.
It used to be a Siemans Nixdorf Pentium 100 with 16MB Ram, 800mb HD, 14k Modem, etc.
Now its a AMD 1900, 256MB Ram, 80Gig(Windows 2000 Pro) HD, Geforce 440 64MB, 56K Modem, 8Gig HD (Linux), Lan and 5.1 Soundcard.

Before (Pics aren't my own, lost originals)

soundwave-sfront.JPG

soundwave-sback.JPG

soundwave-sinside.JPG

After

soundwave-front.jpg

soundwave-back.jpg

soundwave-inside.jpg

Nightime!

soundwave-lighting.jpg

Looking for feedback. Is it any good?

Wiring is a bit messy, but otherwise looks pretty good. Paint job looks pretty good as well.

Forgot to mention i've rewired since this pic (its an old one, i'd replace it but i'm not at home at the mo). All the wiring has been routed around the back of the DVD drive and HD's and zip tied. The fan behind the grill at the front wasn't working very well before, so i cleaned the wires up.

Just adding some updated pics of the inside and a pic of the front of the case polished up.

soundwave-insidenew.jpg

This also shows the internal usb ports i added to power the lights behind the grill.

soundwave-shiney.jpg

SHINEY! The front middle panel is like a mirror. I used rubbing compound and car polish to shine it up.

I covered the new backplate in aluminium tape. I was going to paint it but i think it looks quite good unpainted.

The PSU seems to be hanging down at the end which the wires come out of (very technical) I hope it isn't bending anything/damaging something :/

The PSU's fine, the motherboard is at a slight angle, its mounted on a piece of perspex that is bolted to the original motherboard mounting plate. I can't cut perspex to save my life, so it wasn't flush with the bottom of the case.

im going to take a wild guess, and say that is an asus a7a266. i know because i have one, i love that motherboard! it never fails me. anyways, if im wrong please tell me so i can hurry and edit my post to keep too many people from seeing my foolishness.

but the case looks good!:D

your smack on pal. It's an asus a7a266. I bought it for £24 from a local computer shop. They had a bunch of them going cheap as they were upgrading they own built pc's and had a few left over. It's strange though it hasn't got on a board sound chip or connecters. i had to add my own one, a Cheap 5.1 :) job. sounds great though with my sub. Did you have any trouble with your Motherboard and DDR Ram ? I had to change it 5 times as it was very unstable until i bought a Crucial DDR stick.

Back