Asus users maybe you can help?

tcraig_4096

Limp Gawd
I am using an A8V Deluxe. I have the onboard LAN disabled and am using a realtek 10/100 pci card to connect to the internet through our router. Everything has worked fine up until now. I cannot connect to our network or (obviously) the internet. All of the hardware is working fine.

On boot up I occasionally get the error messages:
Can not load driver asmihwio.dll
Can not load aslm75.sys

These files are related to AsusProbe, I have discovered, but I can't seem to fix them, and am pretty sure they are involved with my inability to connect. Anyone had a similar problem? A google search seems to suggest other Asus boards have had similar issues, but no one seems to have a concrete fix.

Yeah, i think this would be better served in the software section.. it is not a hardware issue afaik.

You can uninstall AsusProbe. Give that a try or try installing your card again.

Reinstalled Windows fixed the connection problem temporarily. Now it no longer connects again. There are no errors, it just lost connectivity while I was using it, and I can't regain it. I did not install probe this time, and my LAN card seems healthy (not to mention it was just working as normal).

I am using the A8V Deluxe onboard Lan. It works ok. Why not give it a try to see if it may be the card? Also have you tried the latest drivers for the card?

Thank you liquid, that seemed to do the trick, at least for now (the onboard). I was not using it because I have heard it is more CPU intensive than a standalone. Does this mean my old realtek has bitten the dust? It was such an erratic problem whereas I would expect it to die straight away.

it is very possible your realtek is dead, I work tech support at my university and it's ridiculous how many realtek cards bite the dust. and as for the CPU use it's negligible. take that from someone using dual integrated LAN cards (asus a7n8x dlx) :p

Peace

Back