• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ASUS PA246Q weird problem

z0ne

n00b
Joined
Aug 20, 2012
Messages
44
Hello to all. I have the following monitor - brand new and I have noticed the following problem. Please, can you give your opinions about the problem? I wrote detailed information in the link (video) above.

Here is another video.

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
That's some serious image retention issues - I would send it back and get something else - probably an HP 24-IPS or the Dell U2412M.
 
But why 2412M? First is e-IPS, second LED and ... hm 16:9. I think U2410 is the real alternative.
 
The 2412 is 16:10. But I agree, send it back. I have literally never seen an Asus display without QC issues.
 
Thank you. Yes, it's 16:10, but it uses "cheap" WLED e-IPS panel. I'm using it for design and it's important for me the Color Gamut (WCG-CCFL) and the richer color pallete in H-IPS/P-IPS (8bit + A-FRC) + 12bit LUTs. That's the reason I'm looking at U2410. It's 1:1 to the ASUS - same panel (even serial number) and same charateristics. It's strange that the ASUS call his panel P-IPS, because the Internet says both monitors uses "LM240WU4-SLB1", but for Dell it's H-IPS.
 
Back
Top