Asus GPU Boost - Enable or Disable?

Astralogic

Gawd
I got my new Asus board yesterday, but there is a switch on it called GPU Boost, should I enable or disable it?

Thanks

The amd version last i read increased the clock speed of the onboard gpu this one does not do that.

Last edited:
No this is on an intel board, asus p8h77, my gpu is a hd7850. My instinct was to leave it disabled. So you agree it should be off?

hi!
dont you have mobo manual book? I think there shuld be explaind ehat is the use of that switch.

On a quick Google search no this feature is something else like universal crossfire/sli. Yes turn it on.

Last edited:
But I don't use CF/SLI.

it will crossfire the onboard gpu with your discrete gpu and it seems to be worded that it did not matter if the card was nvidia or ati

here is what asus says about this whole thing from what i get from that is the onboard intel gpu works in a psudo hybrid sli/crossfire to give you a boost in performance since you have it i dont see a reason not to use it. At worst it can increase the frame rate of games you play and reduce render times and lower watts of power your rig consumes. Why do you question it and resist using it nothing bad will come from using a feature asus put on the motherboard for you to use as far as i can tell the only reason to turn it off is if you dont have a discrete videocard in the machine. The only reports i can find is the the drivers and software was glitchy in the begging but most people either dont see a difference or gain 10-30 fps in games. With the 7850 you might see a boost.

Up to 60% Hybrid Graphics Boost and 3X Faster Video Conversion
LucidLogix Virtu MVP featuring HyperFormance™ Technology boosts your discrete graphics card up to 60% beyond its original performance through the test of 3DMark Vantage. Designed for Intel® processor graphics and Windows® 7 PCs, it perfectly combines the performance of discrete graphics cards with fast computing iGPU. Also with the newly designed Virtual Sync, users can enjoy a smoother gaming experience by eliminating tearing artifacts. LucidLogix Virtu MVP could also dynamically assign tasks to the best available graphics resource, based on power, performance and system load. This allows users to fully utilize 3x faster video conversion with Intel® Quick Sync Video 2.0 technology while retaining high-end 3D rendering and gaming performance, provided by both NVIDIA® and AMD graphic cards. When the discrete graphics card is not required, power consumption goes automatically down to near zero, making the system more environmentally-friendly. For users searching for perfection, LucidLogix Virtu MVP provides great graphical performance and the best flexibility and efficiency.

Last edited:
But isn't MVP and GPU Boost two different things?

I've been trying to get MVP to work but it won't install. It says it can't find any inegrated graphics hardware. That being said, I don't have any drivers installed for my iGPU. I just can't find any that work, I got them from Asus' site, and I got linked to these from someone else. They both say something about me not having the right hardware so I can't install any drivers for it.

I enabled GPU Boost and ran a lot of benchmarks, I had a slight decrease in performance so I disabled it. Would me not having drivers installed for the iGPU cause GPU Boost to not work?

Back