Asus A8N-SLI DLX mobo EZ-PLUG question..

googles

n00b
a8nsli.jpg

A8N-SLI.jpg

someone pls help me understand...thanks...i just read the press release frm Asus and it talks abt this EZ-PLUG feature...and ive got some questions regarding power supply...

EZ Plug – Direct and Reliable Power Supply
When the system is in SLI mode (dual PCI Express graphics operation), the supply of power for the graphics adaptors is crucial. The A8N-SLI Deluxe incorporated the patented EZ Plug, which provides dedicated support for the high power demands of graphics cards, maintains overall system stability, and improves graphics card compatibility.

When the power source is positioned far away from the PCI Express slots (see above diagram), the long routing causes power degradation. This also creates unnecessary noise and interferes with the performance of other components along the way. The EZ Plug is located adjacent to the PCI Express slots (see diagram on the right) to prevent power loss and maintain voltage integrity during transmission, guaranteeing dependable power supply and quiet system performance.

By minimizing power loss and maintaining consistent voltage throughout power transmission, the EZ Plug significantly improves motherboard compatibility with power voltage-sensitive graphics cards. No more picky graphics cards threatening to shut down the system due to incorrect voltage levels. Furthermore, it also enables optimum power distribution to other components since the main power supply no longer have to support the graphics cards.

Unlike the SLI solutions by other manufacturers, the EZ Plug supports the 20-pin standard, which is still currently the mainstream. Users who want to upgrade to the latest SLI platform, can save the extra cost on a 24-pin power plug. In addition, a LED light issues friendly reminders when the EZ Plug is needed to ensure the graphics cards can run at full power without compromising system reliability.

with this ez-plug thingy, do i still need to power the nvidia 6800 pci-ex card using the new 6-pin connectors in SLI mode and single vga mode?

im confused also with the last para which talks abt 20 pin vs 24 pin. ive got my eyes set on pc power & coolings 510 express psu. the 510 express comes with 24pin i believe for the mobo, is this the same connector that the last para is referring to? if it is im guessing id need to use a 24 pin to 20 pin adapter which id wanna avoid...could someone correct me if im wrong. thanks again...

Back