Asrock z170 Extreme 4+ won't post with XMP and IGP enabled

Yacko

n00b
I was hoping someone knew if there was a setting or something that I was missing that would help me understand this problem.

Here is my setup.
ASRock Z170 Extereme4+
Intel Core i5-6600k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) pc4 24000 (3000)
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB 256-bit DDR3

Nothing is overclocked at all all options are set to default on the motherboard except the enable the IGP.

I don't really play games or anything and am trying to run both on board graphics and the EVGA card as well to drive 4 monitors.

Everything is totally stable when running the memory as 2133, but as soon as I enable XMP 2.0 and reboot it totally freezes. I have tried reseating the ram, pulling out the modules one by one and trying them in different spots and it continues to not boot with an error 62 while trying to start. While going through this I reset the UEFI and reset XMP Profile 1 (3000) and forgot the re-enabled the IGP, the machine booted right up. I re-enabled the IGP and it refused to boot again. I put all the memory back in and disabled IGP and set it to 3000 and it booted and ran without issue. But as soon as I enable the IGP it refuses to boot with the memory set to 3000.

Any ideas what could be wrong here, or other ideas how of what i could test?

Set your memory clock lower or try raising the voltage a bit. Perhaps even use a higher CL rate.
Corsair LPX isnt a good match with this mobo, I'm not sure its good ram anyway.

I have the Xtreme 4+ with LPX 16GB (4x4GB) 3000MHz and I can just get away with 2900MHz if I overvolt past XMP spec.
Otherwise I have to use 2700MHz max and even that isnt Prime stable but it games ok. Prime stable is 2500MHz with stock XMP settings.
Thats only with the V1.5 bios because any other version bios knocks 200MHZ off my CPU overclock, despite it being rock stable with V1.5.

I have a case with Corsair to replace the ram but have put it off because they want me to pay shipping to Holland from UK.
Pfft.
Last Corsair memory purchase I make.

ps I have tried all the newer bios versions and there is a slight improvement on stable memory speed but none of them let me run at XMP settings.

After doing some more trial and error I came across the specifications that state this board does not support 3000. I am not sure if this is why this is causing problems I am going to back it off to 2933 and see if that fixes the problem. I am surprised it does not support this speed.

My motherboard manual on page 9 says it supports
DDR4 3500+, 3200, 2933, 2800, 2400, 2133
Speeds in between are not the problem.

Take a look at the memory speeds in the qualified list
ASRock > Z170 Extreme4+

Back