ASRock Taichi X370 BIOS 4.6 instability?

ThatsAgood1jay

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

The other night I had some free time and ran bios updates sequentially from version 2.0 to 4.6, the latest available for the Taichi board. The next time I used the computer to game, I started having all sorts of stability issues, that eventually started causing the computer to BSOD.

I wiped the boot drive and reinstalled windows, but am still having random lockups and BSOD's. I ran Memtest last night and had no errors, I'm planning to do a test on my NVMe Samsung drive tonight, but I doubt the system will stay up long enough for Magician to complete a test.

Has anyone else had issues with Bios 4.6? I've seen a couple of threads on other forums from people that have had issues, but they never get very specific and never post if they resolve the issue : \

Don't know anything about the Bios problems but if you need to know how to roll back the bios on the Taichi the check this channel .

don't use 4.6.. with first gen ryzen stick with 4.40 or 3.30, if you're going with zen+ get the 4.7 bios. 4.40 is the last bios that has any updates for first gen ryzen, everything after that is only for raven ridge and zen+.

don't use 4.6.. with first gen ryzen stick with 4.40 or 3.30, if you're going with zen+ get the 4.7 bios. 4.40 is the last bios that has any updates for first gen ryzen, everything after that is only for raven ridge and zen+.

After reading more about the BIOS releases, this appears to be truth. I will rollback tonight.

Back