ASP.NET and ACCESS problems

Node_Pointer

Limp Gawd
Here is my code

'-- Create and issue an SQL command through the database connection
SQLString = "Insert Into login ( username, password ) Values ( '@username', '@password' )"
DBCommand = New OleDbCommand(SQLString, DBConnection)

DBCommand.Parameters.Add( "@username", username.Text)
DBCommand.Parameters.Add( "@password", password.Text)

DBConnection.Open()
DBCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
DBConnection.Close()

Apparently there is a problem with my INSERT INTO statement.

WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?

Access is an ornery pisshat when it comes to attempting to use real SQL with it...

You may want to consider h4x0ring up your query string statement like this:

SQLString = "Insert Into login ( username, password ) Values ( ' " & username.Text & ", ' " & password.text &" ' )"

Basically, instead of doing it as they teach in class (using the parameter builder thingy), I'm mimicing what I've seen in the real world- splicing variables into the SQL statement where necessary (i'm not terribly familiar with Access though.. i'm spoiled on M$ $QL $erver).

One other thing that may be buggering you is that Access uses " instead of ' as its string delimiter....

I had similar problems myself when trying to use Access with ASP.NET several months ago. I never could get it to work so I switched to MySQL. I would rather have gone with SQL Server, but the web site I was working on has two stipulations: 1. Must use Microft ASP technology instead of PHP and 2. Must not cost any money.

What if you change it to

SQLString = "Insert Into login ( username, password ) Values ( @username, @password )"

--note I removed the single quotes

Back