Asking about my Temps

fyshawk

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
122
ok new build here and just wondering about temps i am using Speed fan to read temps here they are
CPU 31c
Core 0 21c
Core 1 21c
Core 2 21c
Core 3 21c
Ambient 43c

now i am new to Quad core systems so I was wondering if these sound right or not I keep my house fairly cool so temp inside is nice and cool
using a Artic pro on cpu for now until i install my Thermalright Ultimate 90 on to it
 
Speedfan tends to read the Q6600 about 15C too low, so you're really running at about 36C on each core. Really the biggest concern though is going to be load temps while using Prime95 or the like. Under load, you should keep the cores under 70C. The overclocking guide has a lot of great info and I highly recommend you read it, even if you're not overclocking.

Also, when you say ambient, I assume you mean case temp, because 43C for ambient is pretty toasty.
 
installed it and it says
core 0 32c
core 1 32c
core 2 32c
core 3 37c

vid 1.3250v
Tj max 100%
 
Just download Intel TAT. It has an accurate sensor in it an the ability to load 2 of the 4 cores
 
recomendation on temp monitor then that is the most accurate thanks

INMHO RealTemp Version 2.41 is the most accurate and easy to tweak software temperature program out here ATM, but only if it's been calibrated per the authors directions. Like most software temp programs the Tjunction is hard coded in the program and even if the temps are not linear (consistant readings the hotter the chip gets) you can still tweak the temp reading a little more accurately. Please go to the address down below, DL the program and follow the directions for RealTemp Version 2.41 The program also shows you if you have a stuck diode for your chips Tjunction. (like the first E8400's seemed to have) :D

RealTemp: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179044

After you have calibrated the program then you need to run the Prime95 25.6 program or the Orthos Stress test program I think Orthos , like Prime, loads all four cores without having to run two programs to find your load temps (personally I like the Orthos program, but I don't have a Intel C2D quad ATM). (load temps IMO are the most important ;) )

Oh yeah, be wary of the Intel TAT program, from my understanding it only works for desktops with Intel motherboards. :(

BTW, after runnin' Prime or Orthos from 8 hrs to 24 hrs or whatever you feel comfortable with you can find your highest stable OC' temperatures (of course if you OC'). I'm one of those people that Orthos check 24 hrs, leak check a WC'ing system 24 hrs and even keep a closer eye on a new rad fan for a day or two.



Orthos: http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/orthos_exe_20060420.cab
Prime95 25.6: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Prime95_d4363.html
 
INMHO RealTemp Version 2.41 is the most accurate and easy to tweak software temperature program out here ATM, but only if it's been calibrated per the authors directions. Like most software temp programs the Tjunction is hard coded in the program and even if the temps are not linear (consistant readings the hotter the chip gets) you can still tweak the temp reading a little more accurately. Please go to the address down below, DL the program and follow the directions for RealTemp Version 2.41 The program also shows you if you have a stuck diode for your chips Tjunction. (like the first E8400's seemed to have) :D

RealTemp: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=179044

After you have calibrated the program then you need to run the Prime95 25.6 program or the Orthos Stress test program I think Orthos , like Prime, loads all four cores without having to run two programs to find your load temps (personally I like the Orthos program, but I don't have a Intel C2D quad ATM). (load temps IMO are the most important ;) )

Oh yeah, be wary of the Intel TAT program, from my understanding it only works for desktops with Intel motherboards. :(

BTW, after runnin' Prime or Orthos from 8 hrs to 24 hrs or whatever you feel comfortable with you can find your highest stable OC' temperatures (of course if you OC'). I'm one of those people that Orthos check 24 hrs, leak check a WC'ing system 24 hrs and even keep a closer eye on a new rad fan for a day or two.



Orthos: http://sp2004.fre3.com/beta/orthos_exe_20060420.cab
Prime95 25.6: http://www.majorgeeks.com/Prime95_d4363.html

Damn good read!

A question: Is there any effort, or has there been any consensus on the TJMaxes of different processors, or has there been any community databases of TJMaxes to help out the people who don't know how far they can go?
 
Intel doesn't publish the TJMax's of the processors, I think they might have published some mobile ones, but those don't pertain to us.

What Unclewebb did was drop the TJMax down to give more believable idle and load temps. If you set up Coretemp to show the Delta to TJMax it will be exactly the same as RealTemp. So in actuality you are still keeping the same Delta to TJMax while showing more accurate idle and load temps.
 
Intel doesn't publish the TJMax's of the processors, I think they might have published some mobile ones, but those don't pertain to us.

What Unclewebb did was drop the TJMax down to give more believable idle and load temps. If you set up Coretemp to show the Delta to TJMax it will be exactly the same as RealTemp. So in actuality you are still keeping the same Delta to TJMax while showing more accurate idle and load temps.

You are "correcto moondo" Fritzz :D

I just wish Intel would publish, like all the other complicated cpu info they publish, the TJMax (Tjunction) of their C2D's, especially the C2D quads Q6600 and Q9xxx quad family :eek: .

I've posted IMHO a very good read about the temps of C2D's below.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-29-core-quad-temperature-guide

Oh yeah, I think Coretemp is a fine temperate program. I'm just parial to RealTemp, because it's authored by someone (as you say Unclewebb) that I highly respect. I highly respect his hard work in the field of computers. I'm also an often "lurker" over at Xtremesystems.org, another "dynamite" forum IMO. ;)

PS The author of RealTemp (Unclewebb) is one of the many computer gurus over at Xtremesystems.org. IMO they've earned their name, they have some unbelievable OC'ers over there. :eek::eek:


 
You are "correcto moondo" Fritzz :D

Oh yeah, I think Coretemp is a fine temperate program. I'm just parial to RealTemp, because it's authored by someone (as you say Unclewebb) that I highly respect. I highly respect his hard work in the field of computers. I'm also an often "lurker" over at Xtremesystems.org, another "dynamite" forum IMO. ;)

PS The author of RealTemp (Unclewebb) is one of the many computer gurus over at Xtremesystems.org. IMO they've earned their name, they have some unbelievable OC'ers over there. :eek::eek:

+1

I am very new to the OC venue, but it's guys like Unclewebb who make it all the "cooler" ;)
 
+1

I am very new to the OC venue, but it's guys like Unclewebb who make it all the "cooler" ;)

Hey Fritzz, don't sweat the being new stuff, I just started OC'ing a couple of years ago and I'm still world championing out at about 30% or less. (not exactly a big time OC'er :rolleyes:)

One of the things I respect about people like uncleWebb is as long as you don't try to "snow" them they don't hold your newbiness against you. In fact, they (like some of the great gurus on this forum) will go out of their way to help you and they'll even tell you that everyone was new to computers at one time. (as [H]ard as that is to believe about some of them sometimes :eek:)

Good luck with your computer endeavers and you picked a great forum to join ;)

 
One of the things I respect about people like uncleWebb is as long as you don't try to "snow" them they don't hold your newbiness against you. In fact, they (like some of the great gurus on this forum) will go out of their way to help you and they'll even tell you that everyone was new to computers at one time. (as [H]ard as that is to believe about some of them sometimes :eek:)

+1 on Realtemp and uncleWebb! He's working hard with everyone that provides data about various processors to improve and incorporate what new data he acquires about different procs.

Not to mention the big hairy 'nads he's got running a nekkid processor to test his theories!!

Hard to believe he's only been working on this program for several weeks. I think he's a true pioneer...
 
+1 on Realtemp and uncleWebb! He's working hard with everyone that provides data about various processors to improve and incorporate what new data he acquires about different procs.

Not to mention the big hairy 'nads he's got running a nekkid processor to test his theories!!

Hard to believe he's only been working on this program for several weeks. I think he's a true pioneer...

Hey nomad8u, thanks for reminding me about uncleWebb using a digital thermometer on a "nekked" cpu :) (it sends chills up my back, he certainly has some big hairy 'nads as you say :D)

I didn't know or even think that he had only been working on that program for a few weeks (D'oh :rolleyes:)

 
I didn't know or even think that he had only been working on that program for a few weeks (D'oh :rolleyes:)

Yeah, what impresses me about the guy (besides being one of the great bunch of people willing to share experience and info like so many here at the [H] and over @ XS) is not just spending the time to interpret Intel's cryptic docs, but he gets down and dirty :D with testing on his own equipment....
Not to mention he's been really responsive to everyone's requests to "improve" an already studly proggie.
 
Wanting to know if my temps on new system look good or not pictures are of before load and after load temps



Under load



Temps Idle

Oh yeah just letting you know the cooler i am using is a Thermalright Ultima-90 CPU Cooler with Blue Led fan 92mm
 
Back
Top