Ask your Google Assistant to read web pages aloud

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
One of my favorite Android features is having web pages read aloud. It is very useful when you are performing household tasks like cooking or washing the dishes, when you are at the gym, or any other situation when you cannot give your attention to reading web pages or articles.

Also described in Google Assistant Help

Last edited:
My anxieties prevent me from talking to my phone, because I'm afraid it'd answer with "WHAT? Ha ha haaa! F** you with your weird-ass accent!"

While this absolutely reads like an ad post, I've honestly gotten so much use out of having google homes in every room of my house that I don't wanna go back.

Originally it was just the cool thought of being in a sci-fi ship like "Computer, do this for me."

Now I use it as a house-wide surround sound system that also works well with audiobooks, etc. Turning on and off lights, changing the temperature, its like a dream come true - with a side of dystopian data gathering!

My least favorite Android feature is my phone attempting to talk to me.

Additionally it is a pita to modify android to the point where you are able to use your phone strictly how you want without "assistant" "news" or other useless things being pushed upon you.

My anxieties prevent me from talking to my phone, because I'm afraid it'd answer with "WHAT? Ha ha haaa! F** you with your weird-ass accent!"
Don't worry, I've got a 'neutral' native southern california accent (you know, like the newscasters that could be from anywhere in the US) and voice activated technology never understands me either. I'd rather type and read anyway... It's a lot easier for me to process than an audio interface.

Turning on and off lights, changing the temperature, its like a dream come true - with a side of dystopian data gathering!
I chuckled at the way your final seven words characterized Google Home's additional feature.

Back