Asetek WaterChill Xternal?

LazyKid

n00b
My bro wants to go water cooling but with an external kit. I showed him the Asetek WaterChill Xternal found at FrozenCPU.com a while back and just yesterday I saw that it doesnt come out until today. The only question is does it come with GPU ram heatsinks or would he have to order a set too. Its the bundle unit that comes with everything. Should I just hack up the heatsink and cut it so i could still add the wb.

His setup is an P4 3.6 HT LGA775, one of the ASUA mobo, X850 XT PE. He uses it to play WoW and went it gets hot, it gets hot and he wont play cuz it might crash.

I'm going to be the one setting it up and all i've done is whats in my sig. I never set up a whole kit before. I myself still need to update and thinking about a new setup and just turning my current to a file server.

I know this is a water cooling setup but its worth it to get a x1600 AGP? I still have GF 4600 and need to get a new card badly. I was also thinking about OC 7800gs AGP but a bit pricey and I'm going to be shopping in a few months.

thanks for the help.

The Xternal is basically an external enclosure with a full-fledged Waterchill unit crammed into it. So if the others don't come with RAMsinks, I don't think Asetek would start now.

LazyKid said:
My bro wants to go water cooling but with an external kit. I showed him the Asetek WaterChill Xternal found at FrozenCPU.com a while back and just yesterday I saw that it doesnt come out until today. The only question is does it come with GPU ram heatsinks or would he have to order a set too. Its the bundle unit that comes with everything. Should I just hack up the heatsink and cut it so i could still add the wb.

His setup is an P4 3.6 HT LGA775, one of the ASUA mobo, X850 XT PE. He uses it to play WoW and went it gets hot, it gets hot and he wont play cuz it might crash.

I'm going to be the one setting it up and all i've done is whats in my sig. I never set up a whole kit before. I myself still need to update and thinking about a new setup and just turning my current to a file server.

I know this is a water cooling setup but its worth it to get a x1600 AGP? I still have GF 4600 and need to get a new card badly. I was also thinking about OC 7800gs AGP but a bit pricey and I'm going to be shopping in a few months.

thanks for the help.

Did you end up getting this kit?

Back