Artifacts w/ R9800Pro & Thief 3

S

smeghead

Guest
artifacts.jpg


^ An example from Invisible War (think it's the same or similar engine as Thief 3). Looks like it only happens when I look into fire or light.

I've tried different sampling modes (0 ~ 4), resolutions (640 ~ 1024), and quality settings.

Hardware problem, or is something incorrectly configured?

4.5 Cats.

Thanks.
 
looks like the old Hi-Z issues we had with the 9500NP.

Hmmm... How old is it/brand?
 
im not really bothered with RMAing, need another solution.
 
What other solution might you be looking for? There really isn't another way to deal with the problem outside of replacing the card, unfortunately :eek:
 
Sorry, no sooner than I posted I remember that you stated you were using Cats 4.5...have you tried 4.7 or 4.8 Beta?
 
U have a true 9800pro or did you softmod a 9800se to the pro? If you did the softmod, you can try to disable the pipes and the Z buffer, in turn to see if it goes away. Even if you have the true 9800pro, I think you can still disable 4 pipes and/or the z-buffer to see if that fixes the problem. Be sure to use latest drivers.
You overclocking the card? if so, try returning it to normal clock. Then, you ought to try *gasp* underclocking it to see if the problem goes away. <<Just as a troubleshooting method, of course. Stop shouting at me>>
 
Back
Top