Are these scores normal?

torvalds

Limp Gawd
I have a dell inspirion 9300 with Pentium M 760 (2.0Ghz), Geforce Go 6800, 1GB memeory (533mhz). Are these scores normal? I think maybe the 3dmark is ok but I dont like the look of the sandra results.

The only reason I ran the benchmarks was because I noticed the laptop seemed to be getting slower.

Sandra:
sandra1.jpg

3Dmark:
3dmark05%20(Large).jpg

i think that your 3dMark05 is rather low. seeing as my desktop 6600GT @ stock scores 3,289. what are your drivers on it? what is it clocked at? yours should be around 4,000 but if you haven't updated your drivers for it, well, that's the problem.

as for sandra, were you running ANYTHING in the background? disable the processes under your user name in task manager(control+alt+delete -> processes -> click the "user name" tab -> close everything under your name except explorer and task manager.

also, did you format when you got the laptop? it seems dell's bloatware can bog down a system.

TheJackal said:
i think that your 3dMark05 is rather low. seeing as my desktop 6600GT @ stock scores 3,289. what are your drivers on it? what is it clocked at? yours should be around 4,000 but if you haven't updated your drivers for it, well, that's the problem.

as for sandra, were you running ANYTHING in the background? disable the processes under your user name in task manager(control+alt+delete -> processes -> click the "user name" tab -> close everything under your name except explorer and task manager.

also, did you format when you got the laptop? it seems dell's bloatware can bog down a system.

I believe a 6800go only has 8 pipes (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so his score sound about right.

if you unload all the garbage running in your system tray/memory (especially the dell crap) you can probably sqeeze 200+ marks more,

Why are my sandra scores so low? Is that normal? I played quake 4, single player, and it was fine (60fps no problem) and then about two thirds through the game the framerate dropped and the games was unplayable at times. This is when I decided to run these benchmarks.

When I saw the sandra score I nearly died, so then I installed 3dmark to see what it said. I knew to look at it that it was pretty decent but why are my sandra scores so low? Im worried:(

Back