Appropriate supply for this system?

Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
2
Ok, I apologize for this really terrible first post. The only reason I am doing this is to get a fast answer or a point in the right direction as I know 0 about power supplies. I only have 1 day of research under my belt.

I am looking for a modular [partial modular accepted], black [blue as a secondary color if any - no greens etc], long and flat style cable power supply for this system:

ASUS P8P67 motherboard
i5 2500k 3.3ghz overclocked to 4.+
1 Radeon 6950 [unlocked to 6970, no crossfire and no plans to]
2 1.5 terabyte SATA hard drives
1 SSD in the PCI Express [dont know much about this piece, RAID is the only other information I have]
1 DVDR nothing special 24x litescribe LG
8gb ram


I have no clue what wattage I need, but that alone should help me get pushed in the right direction. Any and all suggestions are welcome.
 
A good 650W PSU will be just fine for you. You'll have to do the research on color and such.
 
A 550 or 600 watt power supply. You can probably even get away with a 500 watt power supply. Not sure what the good power supplies are down in the 500-600 watt range though. Seasonic is a recommended brand, as well as the Antec Neo series. Corsair HX520, not sure if you can find those still though.
 
Back
Top