AP Question: Trendnet

well what I want to do is have this AP pick up my wireless Signal, then hook a switch up to the AP to have multiple PC's on a wired network.

[BB] Rick James;1030559469 said:
well what I want to do is have this AP pick up my wireless Signal, then hook a switch up to the AP to have multiple PC's on a wired network.

The keyword you're looking for is bridging. Read the manual if the ap can act as a wireless bridge.

Interesting, but looks a bit crippled to me -- doesn't support super G and only supports WEP in AP client/repeater modes (according to their online notes). The former I could live with (and do with my bridge), the latter would be a showstopper.

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54, WHR-G54S or Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT can do AP client mode bridging over WPA and much more with third-party firmware such as DD-WRT. Buffalo's "Ethernet Converter" can do client mode bridging out of the box, but little else.

Interesting, but looks a bit crippled to me -- doesn't support super G and only supports WEP in AP client/repeater modes (according to their online notes). The former I could live with (and do with my bridge), the latter would be a showstopper.

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54, WHR-G54S or Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT can do AP client mode bridging over WPA and much more with third-party firmware such as DD-WRT. Buffalo's "Ethernet Converter" can do client mode bridging out of the box, but little else.

None of the AP's you listed though do a bridge from 5GHz to 2.4GHz; which is what I need.

Back