AP Client vs. Wireless Repeater vs. Wireless Bridge; which one should I use for this?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
AP Client vs. Wireless Repeater vs. Wireless Bridge; which one should I use for the following network...

I have a modem and a router in 1 location. I want to connect the WAP54G to the router and have it talk to another WAP upstairs. Running a cable is not possible. And, I want the upstairs computers to be able to communicate with the downstairs ones via the Access Points. So, I'll have a network (same subnet, though) upstairs. Do I connect the upstairs WAP to a switch upstairs and that's it?

And, do I use the AP's as clients, repeaters, or bridge?

I have a dlink di-624 and a wireless range extender(DWL-G800AP) and they work flaswlessly together. I have tremendous wireless range with the combo.

QJ

QwertyJuan said:
I have a dlink di-624 and a wireless range extender(DWL-G800AP) and they work flaswlessly together. I have tremendous wireless range with the combo.

Thanks for the heads up... but, that still doesn't help me with my problem :p

I already bought the 2 WAP54Gs and now am looking into bridging them. Thanks for the info though!!!

i did the wireless bridge mode and put in the MAC addy of the other and in teh other the MAC addy of the first and it work'd :p

Back