aol kaspersky issue

Svardeked

Weaksauce
hello!

i have aol kaspersky install but i am having weird issue. i did update and i think something happened while it was doing the update. the icon is not on teh system tray anymore. and it wont do any updates and i cannot access the program. it is running in the background. i go to processes so i can quit it and uninstall and do re install but it says access denied! :confused: i can't uninstall.

how do i uninstall so i can do reinstall?/

thx

Do a ctr-alt-del and look for it running in the processes menu then kill it.

Hope that works for you.

hi thanks for the reply.

i tried taht and that is when i get the access is denied error. :( any other way to force it to quit?

does not work either. you get same error as if you are trying to install something in safe mode.

Try installing it again without un-installing it.

Theres still a couple options left if that does not work.

tried it. i double click the installer and it says i must close aol kaspersky to continue. but i have no way of closing it. :confused:

Ok, time to go into the services panel to remove it at startup.

Go to control panel, then to admin tools, then services. Look for anything there that has to do with kaspersky or aol and make sure it is set for disable. After that restart the computer and try to uninstall it.

thx. i go into the services so i can disable. i right click on it and go to the properties and i change start up type from automatic to disable. i click ok and i get Access is Denied.

ugh this program is playing hardball LoL it does not want to be uninstalled.

btw the name of the application is called active virus shield.

I'm stumped. Might have to backup, format, then re-install windows.

Maybe someone else here knows what to do.

Back