Anyway to raise the case up ?

Visionary

n00b
I don't have any place to put my case on a table, so it's on the ground/carpet.. I want to know if there is anything I can built to lift it that is somewhat eye appealing. I don't like the case being so close to the carpet where all the dust lies. My current case is up off the ground about 2 inches, but my other case sits right on the ground.. Any suggestions are welcome, and I don't think I would like to use a yellow pages :D :D

what do you have around the house? Do you have an old case that you could mos into some sort of stand? If you ever decided to water cool you could house the parts in the bottom. Its hard to say really what you could do, the sky is the limit. I would suggest adding some functionality to your stand, allow it to store parts or aid in cooling.

yea, sounds like a good idea. I really wanted to go to watercooling but I don't really want to work with liquid and electronics.. just a little nervous I guess. I am considering getting a thermalright SI-128 and maybe a delta fan, nice air flow :). But I want to make a sort of stand for it, I don't like leaving it on the ground.

i've seen one inch lighted case feet beforer.
if you don't like lights, just don't plug them in.

You could buy casters for the case and that would get it up a few inches off the floor and make it easy to move.

Boyo said:
You could buy casters for the case and that would get it up a few inches off the floor and make it easy to move.
Castors + industrial grade double-sided tape will work. Should be pretty cheap at your local hardware store.

Back