anyway to find out if my XP home is registered?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
Got a retail copy of XP Home from a client, wouldn't mind eBaying it. But the XP has to be unregistered for me to do that. I asked the client if they ever registered it, they couldn't recall that they did. Is there a Microsoft site where I can check the registration of that serial # ?

None that I know of, but there probably is no such thing.

It would open a whole new world to piracy if there was...

If you do Ebay it, and that person needs to activate it, all they'd have to do is call Microsoft and tell them they upgraded to a new computer, activate it please.

The activation resets every 120 days(or is it 180). If it has been at least that long it will activate again. If you are wondering if the client activated it you can always use like rockxp or something on his xp home machines and see if any of them are using the serial number.

they only have one PC in the house. it was this DELL, they let me keep the entire system - been in the FS forum for a while... no takers might just sell the pieces on ebay or something.

the new PC came with vista home premium... besides i doubt they are smart enough to give the key to someone else.

The activation resets every 120 days(or is it 180). If it has been at least that long it will activate again. If you are wondering if the client activated it you can always use like rockxp or something on his xp home machines and see if any of them are using the serial number.

Back