Anyone using insider builds?

pbassjunk

Limp Gawd
How long does it take for them to start showing up? I signed up simply because the Explorer window cascade bug was driving my OCD insane (shellfolderfix isn't a solution) and the later insider builds have it resolved. I'm nearly a week in but still sitting on build 10240.

under windows update/advanced options look for "Choose how you get Insider builds. It will take some time to receive an Insider build after changing your settings" and set it to fast. then recheck for updates in a couple hours. see if that gets it goin...

I can't really check at work, but there's a command line from the early builds that clears your update cache and spurs Windows 10 to start downloading new builds ASAP, at least if you're fast ring.

Naw, just sticking with 10240. Only reason I messed with insider builds prior to release is so I could try it before it comes out. I'm just glad 10 is finally here.

I'm still on the insider builds, i'd recommend you stay with the the release version. The current insider builds seem to be breaking things. The previous insider build changed how memory is handled and that broke chrome and firefox, I had to start using the canary version of chrome as the chrome people fixed it there after they realized the issue. There have been some other odd random issues but I can't think of what they are at the moment. If you are ocd about the explorer issue the preview program is not for you.

Back