• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Anyone seen this fan?

The Thermalright TY-140 is ugly, but it's a good fan (among the best 140mm options).

This Xigmatek looks exotic...but I doubt anyone has properly tested it. The 150K hours MTBF seems to suggest that they have confidence in their bearing.

It closely resembles the fan found on the NZXT Havik 140 heatsink.
 
Last edited:
The Thermalright TY-140 is ugly, but it's a good fan (among the best 140mm options).

This Xigmatek looks exotic...but I doubt anyone has properly tested it. The 150K hours MTBF seems to suggest that they have confidence in their bearing.

It closely resembles the fan found on the NZXT Havik 140 heatsink.

Yeah, I noticed that. I know the Thermalright is a great fan but they could have done better with the color. The Xigmatek claims to move more air than the thermalright. I wish I could locate this fan to give it a try.
 
I have a 140mm Xigmatek. It's very quiet, but it doesn't move much air. I got it on a great deal- final cost was .38 cents (plus $1.99 shipping) so I can't complain too much. The fan design on the XAF-F1452 looks cool, but I doubt it will be a good fan. A straight blade would seem to move more air than a curved blade since the air has no where else to go. On a curved blade the air moves to the area that is set "back"; thus you have less surface area actually pushing air. Of course the width of the blade must be taken into account. A little calculus will help you determine how much surface area will be productive surface area. Then you can compare that to a straight blade.
 
I have a 140mm Xigmatek. It's very quiet, but it doesn't move much air. I got it on a great deal- final cost was .38 cents (plus $1.99 shipping) so I can't complain too much. The fan design on the XAF-F1452 looks cool, but I doubt it will be a good fan. A straight blade would seem to move more air than a curved blade since the air has no where else to go. On a curved blade the air moves to the area that is set "back"; thus you have less surface area actually pushing air. Of course the width of the blade must be taken into account. A little calculus will help you determine how much surface area will be productive surface area. Then you can compare that to a straight blade.

I dunno... the Apache and Viper use curved blades and have a pretty good reputation. The Xigmatek is claiming 90cfm vs the 74cfm my fan can do. I can't find much on this fan anywhere.
 
Back
Top