• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone notice a difference using AHCI mode?

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
I did a fresh format last week and this time I went the F6 method and loaded the AHCI driver to see what the benifits would be using my Seagate 320GB SataII perpendicular drive. Nothing seems to load any faster then using the normal microsoft driver without doing the F6 method. If anything, my pc takes about an extra 10 seconds to boot. I used HDtach3.0 to see whats going on, and I get 245, where as before using the regular drivers (microsoft) I get 243. Whats up with that?
 
Whats up with that?

AHCI is not about better performance. It is a standardized driver interface for the hardware. It supports hotswap and NCQ.
 
Back
Top