Anyone know of software that would fit the bill?

reality99

Limp Gawd
I am looking for two different types of software, but figured it would be easier to post just one thread-any help with either is appreciated.

First, I just finished my first build:D and would like a way to monitor the CPU temps without having to go to the BIOS. I know there is software to do this, but what is it called. I am looking for something that is a free download.

Also, I am looking for some type of virtual drive. I need something that would mount images, but again, I'm looking for something free, any suggestions?
Also, a greater explanation of this process would be great. I think I know the basics, but am still cloudy on the whole thing. Create image, mount using virtual drive, then you don't need the CD in, right?:confused:

Thanks for the help guys!

SpeedFan is one of many options for measuring CPU temps (google for more) and Daemon Tools is what you're looking for if you want to mount disk images (again there are other options if you look). And yes your understanding of virtual drives and their uses seems correct.

Google for links to these applications (both are free/have free versions). In fact I think using Google would have been a whole lot faster than posting the question here :).

I've also been a big fan of using Intel TAT for temp monitoring. This will only work with an Intel processor though.

Thanks for the info guys. I'd heard of Daemon tools, but I've also heard that the newer versions have spyware/adware in them-does anyone know if this is true?

And yeah, I could have googled it, but I would rather get the opinions of people that have a clue about this kind of stuff instead of the most popular search result.

Thanks for the info guys. I'd heard of Daemon tools, but I've also heard that the newer versions have spyware/adware in them-does anyone know if this is true?

And yeah, I could have googled it, but I would rather get the opinions of people that have a clue about this kind of stuff instead of the most popular search result.

Not true if you don't stupidly click through everything saying "yes" on install. Uncheck all the boxes for toolbars and similar, decline the advertising thing when it comes up (accept decline and cancel are the only options) and you'll be fine.

Back