anyone have MCSE Exam 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 20

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
has anyone here taken the MCSE exam Exam 70-284 Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003? im almost done with my training videos and i have learned alot about exchange 2003 and how to use it so i have been contimplating looking to take the test but im not sure if im ready for it, what kinds of stuff is on the test and how many questions? this would be the first test i am taking for MCSA/MCSE it would be my elective for one of them i started learning exchange because i always wanted to learn how to use it. if i know a great deal about it would it be recommended to take?

i know alot of the books cover how to do things like clustering, and upgrading from older exchange versions or other email servers like lotus and how to migrate, thats the only stuff i would not be good with since i just have exchange running on my small home network not a huge company with thousands of email enabled users but other than that i know how to do pretty much everything with exchange 2003 just dont have lots of experiance.

I would recomend getting VMware and go over the upgrade and migration stuff. It probably will be on the test. I haven't taken that exact test, but with most of the MS tests, a little real world experience goes a long way.

MorfiusX said:
I would recomend getting VMware and go over the upgrade and migration stuff. It probably will be on the test. I haven't taken that exact test, but with most of the MS tests, a little real world experience goes a long way.

how many questions and all that

I dont know why you're jumping straight to Exchange however... seems kind of backwards to not pass some of the Windows Server 2003 exams. But whatever. If I recall, the amount of questions were either 35 or 50.

As for what the exam covers, go to Microsoft's website and look it up. It's too much for me to list and I'm too lazy to look it up for you.

i ordered the sybex book from amazon, im going to study hard

i was taking some of the practice tests from http://www.mcmcse.com/ and they had some crazy questions, stuff that was not covered in the training video is the real test that hard? :confused:

The real test will cover thing like domain controllers, DNS, server configuration, Active Directory, and clustering as all of that can effect Exchange. I would start with the basic Windows XP and 2003 test prior to taking the Exchange elective.

im studying for it too, prolly will be taking it sometime mid-october. to pass the 284, u have to know server 2003. dns, clusterig, ad, etc. from the practice tests i took, doesnt seem too tough. i also heard from a couple ppl that the main thing they hit u on is connectors, specifically smtp.

All you really need to pass this test is the latest testking answers dump and a good memory...

thant76 said:
All you really need to pass this test is the latest testking answers dump and a good memory...
Sure, let's devalue the cert for everyone... Thanks...

thant76 said:

...and later on a stupid boss that won't notice you're full of shit/don't know what you're doing everytime you're asked a question or encounter a problem...

:rolleyes:

not to get off topic, but I have studied for my exams, and I do horrible on them, eventhough I use this stuff everyday, and don't have many problems....it's just the test taking part I suck at. I need a good brain dump to read questions all day long to see how the exams are worded, just so I can back up what's in my brain with some letters.

zrac said:
...and later on a stupid boss that won't notice you're full of shit/don't know what you're doing everytime you're asked a question or encounter a problem...

Never said you don't have to learn the subject or know it if you want to work in networking, just what is really needed to pass the test. The real learning is not done by books either, its done with hands on experience and learning from the people you work with that have more experience than you.

98EXL said:
not to get off topic, but I have studied for my exams, and I do horrible on them, eventhough I use this stuff everyday, and don't have many problems....it's just the test taking part I suck at. I need a good brain dump to read questions all day long to see how the exams are worded, just so I can back up what's in my brain with some letters.

lol me too man, I take practice exams and get 50% on stuff I knwo off top of my head at 3am after a drinking for 8 hours, I KNOW this stuff, heck I could draw you the screens where you change a setting or whatnot that the question references... yet i still f it up :D lol , I just don't pay attention to the questions... then again maybe if I paid for the test I would.

zrac said:
lol me too man, I take practice exams and get 50% on stuff I knwo off top of my head at 3am after a drinking for 8 hours, I KNOW this stuff, heck I could draw you the screens where you change a setting or whatnot that the question references... yet i still f it up :D lol , I just don't pay attention to the questions... then again maybe if I paid for the test I would.

yup, that's why I wish 209.207.167.177 was still up.....I think that was the IP of the most bitching dump awhile ago

yall use some bullshit logic. i passed the 218, 217, and 215 with very little studying. they were easy because i use AD and win server on a daily basis. if you know the subject material as well as u say u do, then you dont need to study all that much for these types of exams. the design exams are different because those really test you on how MS recommends to design AD, exchange, and a Windows infrastructure. even still, you still shouldnt use dumps under any circumstance. your cheating urself first of all and devaluaing the cert

if u have to use a dump because you already know the answer, then you probably really dont know shit

zrac said:

that may not get u fired. i know a couple people in the IT field (sr level people) who doesnt know the different between an MX and A record. it depends on the sector u work in.

Public sector=as long as u dont kill somone, u have a job

ne0-reloaded said:
yall use some bullshit logic. i passed the 218, 217, and 215 with very little studying. they were easy because i use AD and win server on a daily basis. if you know the subject material as well as u say u do, then you dont need to study all that much for these types of exams. the design exams are different because those really test you on how MS recommends to design AD, exchange, and a Windows infrastructure. even still, you still shouldnt use dumps under any circumstance. your cheating urself first of all and devaluaing the cert

if u have to use a dump because you already know the answer, then you probably really dont know shit

I see your point, but I've been like this my entire life......98EXL + Test Taking = Real Bad

Yes, I too deal with the same things daily I get tested on, and I still get owned

i understand some people arent good at taking exams, but that still doesnt mean you should cheat. when i take exams i get really nervous and double and tripple guess myself. ive gotten a lot of questions wrong because of that. thankfully ive only failed 1 exam, but just because u have exam-a-phobia, doesn't mean you should use the back door. if the cert is that important to you, stop worrying about your technical skills and start focusing on your test taking skills. user timed practice tests, or time urself with the questions in the back of the back until your more comfortable for the real thing.

im anal about that type of thing though, I'm letting my ccna retire the beginning of next year. not because i cheated, but because a exam prep program i was using has a couple word for word answers that were on my exam. I had the cert and all, but I didn't feel like I earned it

Back