Anyone have a fav rack?

augiee

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a favorite rack? I'm looking at the APC 42u one, Comments and Suggestions would be greatly app.

Tom

Are you looking for 2 or 4 post? Also cabinet style (enclosed with doors on all sides) or just the frame (no doors)?

I would perfer a enclosed rack, and I perfer a natural rack on my women, Pam Anderson is to plastic for my taste :p

I've been selling APC's cabinets for quite a while now...very fond of them. "Two Thumbs Up" from me. Plus it supports a local business to me (They're in Rhode Island)

I love SUN's racks. Solid, sleek, but damn are they EXPENSIVE. Last bill I saw put them close to $8K with all the bells and whistles.

You might also want to check out Liebert. They make some really nice looking 4-post enclosed racks. They're pretty much the same as APC with better pricing. (Ie: they'll do your battery backup, have matching surge protectors mounted vertically to the rear of the rack, etc.)

For non-enclosed, Chatsworth (CPI) is #1.

It also depends on what you are going to put in them. We are curently looking at 30" wide wrightline cabinets. These are for network equipment, where we need to manage 600-700 cables. Hence the 30" width for cable management on the sides.

Back