• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Anyone ever had this problem? (CD burner)

stark

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
445
Just wondering, I think my burner has stopped working properly, especially on audio CDs... After I burn it and start to play, the track will skip and bug out, or not detect the disk at all.


Does this mean I need a new burner? Or is it the software (nero5) that's currupt? Or you think it can be fixed?
Any way to test the performance of it?

The burner was made by Lite-On, nothing special about it, got it about 2-3 years ago. MY POOR BABY :(
 
This could be a software issue, I would test the burner on another system if possible. Do you have multiple burning software installed?
 
Thanks for the info. But nope I only have Nero5 installed and the burner went bad around last week, and it was working perfectly before.

I could reinstall if you think that will help. Or look inside the computer, do burners normally give out?
 
Yes, they do just go out, it's a mechanical device, moving parts...

However, reinstalling the burner software doesn't always solve software related issues with burners. Sure give it a try, it may fix it, but it won't put software into the 'not the problem' category. The reason is burner softwares often make changes to the ATAPI subsystem of windows, reinstalling doesn't always fix these changes. That's why I suggested moving it to another machine, if possible. Otherwise you would have to reinstall windows to test it on your machine to be thourough.

Good luck.
 
try flashing it with new firmware

hook me up with a model number, and i'll get you some firmware
 
Back
Top