Anyone else grab the LindowsOS Developers Edition?

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
Back a couple of weeks ago when the Lindows Developers Edition was for download, I grabbed the ISO and made my CD.

I havent been able to get around to playing with it until now, though. I'd really like to use it as a migration platform for my mom and my brother, but I want to play with it and test it on my own machine first.

And that's just the problem, I can't get it to install...at all. I put the CD in and it boots alright, but then somewhere during the install process (at which point specifically varies), it will either (a) lock up solid or (b) simply skip to the "Lindows Has Been Install. Please Reboot" screen.

My rig is an Abit KT7A-RAID w/ a T-Bird 1.4 GHz and 512MB RAM. All of my IDE drives are on their own channels and I've got Linux friendly hardware all around (i.e., it works fine with Mandrake, Red Hat, SuSE, et al).

Anyone played with distro and able to give me any guidance?

What exactly is wrong with it? When it says its done installing or whatever has it actually been installed?

No, it never actually get's installed.

In the case where it skips to the end automatically, that's best bause it also hasnt done anything to my hard disk partitions.

However, when it locks up during the system install, that's annoying because it's already screwed with my partitions and I'm stuck with a non-working install.

I got it and it installed fine. Did you try burning a new copy of it?

I just tried it in a VMWare virtual machine and it was fine. When trying on my actual hardware, no dice...

Back