Anyone care to explain Vista transferring data at 37kb/s

cerebrex

[H]ard|Gawd
That's right, Vista is currently telling me its going to be 5 hours to extract the installer for bioshock. It does this shit all the time to me, what the fuck is wrong with this operating system?

There's nothing wrong. It's just a new feature in Vista which will enhance your productivity.

See? The post you made already shows Vista enhanced your productivity. Maybe on second or third app install you'll write even more posts and get super productive! :D

I've noticed that working with large files, copying, moving, extracting archives takes a lot longer on vista then it used to on xp

I've noticed that working with large files, copying, moving, extracting archives takes a lot longer on vista then it used to on xp

same. Vista has some serious issues with large files, no excuses for it. I've had times where it took hours to pop up an installer window.

Vista has some extreme problems with the built-in ZIP extractor. I use a more robust zippping program anyways; I like WinRAR and Powerdesk.

I use winrar... never had any problems with transfer speed.
I have noticed that Total Commander works a little better than Windows Explorer for transferring files. Not too noticeable though.

Vista has some extreme problems with the built-in ZIP extractor. I use a more robust zippping program anyways; I like WinRAR and Powerdesk.

Yeah WinRAR will blow by windows unzip. But, correct me if I'm wrong.. windows unzip is used for all windows based installers with *.cab files..?

I use winrar as well, i think it got better after last set of patches, I need to grab some huge files and do some testing

What do you expect from an OS that was to have a new file system and then they could not make it work. So they had to hurry and do something and that is what we have.:eek:

Back