Anybody seen this issue with Firefox before

DeChache

Supreme [H]ardness
My parents called me today and asked why that big bar was at the botum of the Firefox window and I have no clue. If you anybody has any ideas let me know so I can tell them.

I'll let the pic do the talking for the problem.

cody_page.jpg

Easiest fix is probably to create a new profile. You can copy the bookmarks file over afterwards and then make any other necessary tweaks.

Wow, that is weird indeed. Never saw it before. Try disabling extensions and see if it goes away.
Then, I'd go for the profile fix from above.

Extreme, like me, I went to Opera.

Hmm I was hoping it was something simple I was overlooking I guess I'll just have the reinstall it. I had to walk them threw taking the screen shot so making a new profile just might be above them.

I havent used FF in a long time. But that problem used to be fairly common when extensions or a theme was out of date and conficted with another or FF itself. Should be easy fix. But if they arent too savy, the easiest to do is uninstall FF, delete all references to FF and reinstall.

I havent used FF in a long time. But that problem used to be fairly common when extensions or a theme was out of date and conficted with another or FF itself. Should be easy fix. But if they arent too savy, the easiest to do is uninstall FF, delete all references to FF and reinstall.

As far as i know that is the bone stock version of Firefox.

Check this link for some tips. If its bone stock, then most likely the profile is corrupt(whether its spyware or something else). Uninstall, clean all traces and reinstall would be my advice. Good luck.

That is a fairly common problem, with an easy fix, but I honestly can't remember how to fix it! I'll look around though.

Back