Any ideas?

dohcmark8

Gawd
The screw on my 9800's bracket is stuck in the case, like when I try to unscrew the screw it wont come out, I cant get my 9800 out of my case now. Any ideas?

By stuck do you mean it is actually stuck and you can't turn the screw at all? If so, get a stronger person to try or use a drill to try to unscrew it. Or is it stuck do you mean the threads are stripped? If the threads are stripped, you can usually stick a flathead screwdriver between the screwhead and the case and pry up while you try to unscrew the screw. Or you could use pliers to turn the screw and pull out at the same time.

jpmkm said:
By stuck do you mean it is actually stuck and you can't turn the screw at all? If so, get a stronger person to try or use a drill to try to unscrew it. Or is it stuck do you mean the threads are stripped? If the threads are stripped, you can usually stick a flathead screwdriver between the screwhead and the case and pry up while you try to unscrew the screw. Or you could use pliers to turn the screw and pull out at the same time.
Drilling BAD. Small metal bits on the mobo BADDER.

S1nF1xx said:
Drilling BAD. Small metal bits on the mobo BADDER.
I meant that he should use a screwdriver bit in a drill to unscrew the screw. A drill can provide more torque than a screwdriver and a hand, so it should be able to break a stuck screw free. This method should not produce and metal flakes. He should have the system off while doing this, so it shouldn't matter much anyway.

jpmkm said:
If the threads are stripped, you can usually stick a flathead screwdriver between the screwhead and the case and pry up while you try to unscrew the screw.

^do that

Otherwise, your left with drilling the sucker out of there and cleaning up thoroughly afterward.

I'm glad it worked. I know I've had my fair share of stubborn screws. :)

Back