Any CCA's in here

typhoon43

2[H]4U
I'm the Network Admin for a Credit Union and it's 10 branches and was thrown into the role of Citrix Admin for our farm as well. I basically googled everything to find out how to keep it up, but my Boss recently put me through a pretty fast paced online CCA class from New Horizons. I'm studying for the tests, but I'd like to know how hard they are. I've taken a ton of the damn Micro$oft tests for my 2 MCSE's, but I need to know if this is easier or harder, since I don't have as much time to dedicate to studying as I did for the MCSE stuff.

Thanks gang.

be prepared

cisco is beyond retarded when it comes to certain things

like their definition of "voltage" is so wrong it makes me want to kill myself

i am taking the CCNA classes here at MDC and im going insane becuase everything they are teaching us is irrelevant and/or wrong

Hehe FLECOM I knew there would be at least one person who got confused.

Not CC N A

CCA, as in Certified Citrix Administrator :D

CCNA starts in March for me. My Boss is all over my butt about it..

Originally posted by typhoon43
I'm the Network Admin for a Credit Union and it's 10 branches and was thrown into the role of Citrix Admin for our farm as well. I basically googled everything to find out how to keep it up, but my Boss recently put me through a pretty fast paced online CCA class from New Horizons. I'm studying for the tests, but I'd like to know how hard they are. I've taken a ton of the damn Micro$oft tests for my 2 MCSE's, but I need to know if this is easier or harder, since I don't have as much time to dedicate to studying as I did for the MCSE stuff.

Thanks gang.
Sorry to derail... but what was your opinion of the online training? Was it instructor led or self paced?

Oh, and to keep within subject lines, I do know a CCA and his opinion was that the exams were about on par with some of the easier MS exams. Not that bad if you know what you're talkin about.

Trech,
the online was presented via a virtual classroom with a live instructor. We got to use our mics and we could hit a little "raise your hand" icon and then he'd "pass the mic" and we could ask him a question and the other 8 people in my class from all over the US could hear as well. Pretty damn nifty actually. It was only 400.00 dollars for the course. After blowing 6 grand on my MCSE's, this was just an awesome deal :p

Citrix admin'ing isn't that hard.
There are some great online references from people devoted to cca/ccea and citrix in general.
What OS and version of citrix is the office running?

Back