anti virus on bootable fdd

cv65user

Limp Gawd
whats that AV program that fits one single floppy and boots from fdd and scans pls ?

Whats the problem? I mean, most virus can be eliminated with computer running OS in safe mode, just get the correct tools, like superantispyware, your antivirus of choice and ccleaner

Whats the problem? I mean, most virus can be eliminated with computer running OS in safe mode, just get the correct tools, like superantispyware, your antivirus of choice and ccleaner

+1 and you really don't want anything that says "McAfee" on it...

But if your 100% dead set on a "portable" A/V... try this... works for me.

i am an engineer updating my tool kit ,. we had f - prot which was really good ... basically what happens if you cannot even boot up your pc .. so you would then need some sort of dos based solutoin (proividing the pc now a days has a fd drive )

TrendMicro.com still offers their Emergency AV Disk set as a free download:
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/emg-disk.asp - currently the "instructions" link is broken, but it makes a set of floppies, not just one - the definition files have just gotten too big. By now they should also have it in .ISO format for making a bootable CD, but maybe they don't want to make it too easy to do...

And both the Ultimate Boot CD for DOS and the UBCD for Windows have AV and malware tools on them. As does Hiren's boot CD.

.bh.

i am an engineer updating my tool kit ,. we had f - prot which was really good ... basically what happens if you cannot even boot up your pc .. so you would then need some sort of dos based solutoin (proividing the pc now a days has a fd drive )

Considering how few machines have floppy drives these days, you are much better off creating a boot cd of one flavor or another. UBCD is one of the most popular and includes F-Prot. (Along with a suite of other useful tools) It can also be installed to a thumb drive for convenience at the cost of some compatibility with older systems.

i cant make the trend micro bootable fdd under xp even if i select win98 compatibilty :S

Sorry about that. Well, can you not use one or the other of the UBCD disks?

.bh.

Back