Antec Truepower 330w

r00

Weaksauce
Would the 330w support the rig in my signature + an extra internal HD and DVD burner. I am a big fan of tons of HD space as well as being able to backup my dvd's directly from 1 to the other.

Well see the thing is i already have the 330 and its brand new, so i wont be upgrading it anytime soon.

on a side note having read that nice long post about PSU troubles and PSU's being tested at 25 C... id like to note that my internal case temp is around 28-29 C because i live in a dorm that HAS to be between 68-72 F (dont kno why, but its the rules) so id assume the drop in rated power wouldnt be that much....

The inside of the PSU and the components are going to be hotter. No worries, you'll be fine with that setup

as pointed out the temperature where the thermistor is located on your mobo probably has little to do with the temperature insude the PSU enclosure
especially when you consider that its at the top of the case and that it is exhausting the air from your CPU\HSF, (per the AMD builders guide specs, which called for an intake fan on the bottom of the PSU specifically to vent that hot air)

In addition the efficiency of most PSUs is around 60>70% or so, (though that varies and it also varies on what their load is) and energy not being converted to usable DC is being lost as heat, so you start out with a hot airstream and then add more from the PSUs heatsinks

Back