Antec SmartPower vs TruePower2?

HardyOne

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
179
I can't decide between the Smart Power 500 for $70 or the True Power 2 550 for $90.
I will be building the following:
Asus A8N SLI Premium with 1 gig x2 of OCZ memory
AMD x2 3800+ with SI-120 hsf
ATI AIW X800XL (one video card only)
3 SATA HD's 250, 250, & an 80 gig
1 DVD burner
1 floppy
Antec P180 case

I, of course, want enough clean power and a quiet system. Will the SP500 do OK, or is there a third option for about $90?
 
I've used both SmartPower and TruePower's and both are great power supplies, but the TruePower will have a little better regulation. My TruePower 430 in this workstation is about 2 years old now, and the rails are very tight, about 1-2% variation which I consider to be very good.
 
Back
Top