Antec power supply fan only - does not work

I

infiniti029

I have an Antec 430 and when I try connecting my fans into they don't work. I've tried Coolermaster 80mm and an Enermax 120mm... none work when I try to plug it into the fan only molex. Any ideas, is something wrong with the power supply?

Sounds like the voltage that it is supplying is too low to start up the fans; This can happen because the fan-only connectors are thermally controlled. Do you have a multimeter you can check the voltage of the fan-only connectors?

no, i dont.

fan i have

what i'm trying to do is lower the voltage of my fans to make them quieter. would a sunbeam rheobus, or this zalman multi connector do the job for me? the problem i have is that the fan has that extra thing that adjusts the speeds, so it may interfere if i tried using a fan controller.

"Fan Speed Manually Adjustable throngh Variable Resistor."
What does that mean?

In some testing we've done here, fans with their own temperature sensor (ie our SmartCools, as well as some other similar fans) had trouble with the "Fan Only" connectors on Truepower. Some would run very slowly, most would not start up.

Not sure if that really applies here though.

AntecRep

Easy mod to fix that:
Either solder between or use clips to attach a wire between the poles of the thermisitor, rendering it inactive. Your fan will run at full speed, and can be controlled by the fan only connectors.

On another note, Antecrep, are you really a rep from Antec?

Back