Antec P180 Picture Thread (Not 56k friendly)

p180
2 bfg 7800gtx
msi neo4 plat sli
pc power and cooling 510 sli

I've already got a bunch of raptors, an fx-55 and a couple of gigs of ram on hand, should be a fun build. Ordered a scythe heatsink as well, don't know if it'll fit. I've got extra 120mm fans from the p160 I watercooled awhile back.

The x800xl I'm currently using just can't drive the hp2335 at native in some of the games I play, least not with full eyecandy and nice framerate. Been holding out to see if ATI could deliver r520, their new mobos and crossfire in a reasonable timeframe, at SLI-competitive performance...and got tired of waiting.

I'm usually not too worried about cable management, but in this case(no pun intended)I'm not in any hurry to build the system, so I'll go the extra mile to make it nice and neat inside.

This was painful and I'm still not done yet ----->

midway.jpg

I love the case, the only thing that doesen't draw my attention too much is that the front cover after u open the door looks a bit boring, is like everything is well built but when u open front cover door it looks plain. Interion Best, Exterior could use a bit more styling more pizzazz ect. How does it handle noise? Id be nice if it had a gun metal paint, and less rubber door. I saw one at store well organized but side panel and front pannel made of funny material, what happened to good old steel?

it handles noise great and has a great design for quiet overclocking. and i like the plain look. i got tired of the pizzaz with all of the lights and uv stuff.

wow, if you put in a big heatsink in there you will be unable to actually see the motherboard. That's quite a lot of stuff in there man!

ellover009 said:
is that an antec mobo?

How in the hell could you ask that? MSI is in big letters right above the top video card. The ignorance of some people amazes me.

xrdotimcr said:
How in the hell could you ask that? MSI is in big letters right above the top video card. The ignorance of some people amazes me.

Is that an Antec case? :p

xrdotimcr said:

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

nice case dude, i wish i could afford a nice big case like that, 50$ naname + psu for me :D

^^^^^ No it may have not been that funny but the guy does have a very valid point. Nice case BTW.

My shoddy wiring. It will be fixed in a couple of weeks with some sleeving. Just wanted to get it assembled, and no window means no ugly. The video-card cooler that you can see with the extra drive-mounts on it actually makes contact with the board of my 6800GT - I even had to remove the 80mm fan-grill so it would fit at all. I'll probably be removing it altogether next time I open her up. I just don't like components rubbing against each other...
new_pc_cables.jpg

And here's my entire setup.
new_pc_setup.jpg

The external harddrive setting on top of the case is the loudest component, and is much louder than the computer itself. A good excuse to buy that 320GB (internal) Caviar I've been wanting next payday ;)

dtess17 said:
it can be done but you need to mod the case

The mod you mention is to mount a fan in the bottom opening. The middle opening, the one to the upper compartment and not the bottom PSU compartment, is fan-ready.

Back