Another Samsung Exec. Pleads Guilty

HardOCP News

[H] News
Yet another Samsung executive has plead guilty (this makes number five) to price fixing and will serve ten months in prison. Ten months? With time off for good behavior, they might actually have enough time to book him in before he’s released.

Young Hwan Park, president of Samsung Semiconductor Inc., the company's U.S. subsidiary, is the fifth Samsung executive to agree to a prison sentence over price manipulation of dynamic random access memory, or DRAM, the most common type of memory chip used in personal computers.

They'll send a man to jail 15 years for possessing one roll of marajuana, they'll shoot a kid and his dog in the head for stealing a PS3, but a man that has bilked the citizens of the US out of millions of dollars gets 10 months in jail. :eek:

What backwards society we live in! :rolleyes:

It just goes to show that however has loads of money can get away with anything.

Shoot...if I could have $10 million and all I had to do was serve a couple years in jail, especially cushy Fed prison where they play golf and tennis (and I get that time off for good behavior thingy)... sign me up! :D

Optimus said:
They'll send a man to jail 15 years for possessing one roll of marajuana, they'll shoot a kid and his dog in the head for stealing a PS3, but a man that has bilked the citizens of the US out of millions of dollars gets 10 months in jail. :eek:

What backwards society we live in! :rolleyes:

People don't have to buy samsung memory.
The laws of business and the laws of society are different.

Martha stewart only went to jail for a short time, too.

Marijuana is a controlled substance. We can or cannot get into the semantics of whether it should be.

Also. I doubt there are ANY people in jail for 15 years for one joint.
You are exaggerating the extremes.

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:
The laws of business and the laws of society are different.

Martha stewart only went to jail for a short time, too.

Marijuana is a controlled substance. We can or cannot get into the semantics of whether it should be.

Also. I doubt there are ANY people in jail for 15 years for one joint.
You are exaggerating the extremes.

the three strikes rule may apply there.

on another note there's a 17 yr boy going to jail for 10 yrs after receiving oral sex from a 15 yr old girl. which was consensual sex.

back on the subject. how the heck can this guy get off so easily? it really is backwards.

CyberDeus-RagDoll said:

You clearly do not understand the situation here, **insults edited for common decency and friendliness of debate**.

This guy was colluding with his competitors to fix the market prices. It doesn't matter whether you bought Samsung memory, you still paid too much because they were all colluding.

I understand where you're coming from. Throughout high school you and I both were taught "An absence of regulation is the key to a successful economy!" You ever wonder who paid for those text books that told the teachers to tell you that? It was people like this scoundrel.

Back