• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Another mangled Fedex Package $255 Li-Li Case

Laforge

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
3,132
http://fedex.unicornservices.net/


Notice the pic where it seems, like a fork-lift was pushed through the side of the case.


Ordered from Newegg.

Oh well, guess I wasn't meant to have a new case this week.


Lian Li V2000a


Fortunately, newegg was nice enough to {after seeing these same pictures} upgrade me to 2day shipping so I can still get this case this week.
 
Laforge said:
http://fedex.unicornservices.net/


Notice the pic where it seems, like a fork-lift was pushed through the side of the case.


Ordered from Newegg.

Oh well, guess I wasn't meant to have a new case this week.


Lian Li V2000a

I was going to say chain-saw, but fork-life sounds more reasonable. I hope Newegg apologizes for this shit, no matter who's at fault. Hope you get a replacement soon.
 
vamp said:
I was going to say chain-saw, but fork-life sounds more reasonable. I hope Newegg apologizes for this shit, no matter who's at fault. Hope you get a replacement soon.


Why the hell should newegg apologize for something that is in no way thier fault? FedEx should be apologizing, they should also pay for all the shipping to return it. Once it leaves neweggs door, as long it's packaged right, they don't need to do anything responsibility wise. It's all fedex. The fact that newegg is re-shipping it 2nd day, at their cost, says alot. Shows they understand and are willing to respect their customers.
 
damn, that's major ownage. Always makes me wonder what the person who caused the damage was thinking. "Oh look the box has been punctured, oh well, it's still good, I don't care"
 
vamp said:
I was going to say chain-saw, but fork-life sounds more reasonable. I hope Newegg apologizes for this shit, no matter who's at fault. Hope you get a replacement soon.

FedEx is the one at fault, son.

That was nice of newegg to upgrade the shipping for free. Were you giving them a hassle or were they cool about it?
 
I weep with you, but then I rejoice with you as Newegg is so kind. Woulda been 'nother story if it were from SVC. You would've shown them the pictures, they would've said "We don't wanna hear your empty claims" or something stupid like that. Then they'd sue you. Well, not really, so...yeah.
 
CRXican said:
damn, that's major ownage. Always makes me wonder what the person who caused the damage was thinking. "Oh look the box has been punctured, oh well, it's still good, I don't care"

Meh, it's the corporate/government worker mentality: "Fixing that is not one of my job responsibilities..."

I shiped a PC to someone in my family once via UPS. I bought insurance, and had UPS pack it. The lady at the counter actually told me "oh good, your having us pack it. If you did it yourself, you would never be able to claim insurance, and I've seen people (ups employees) play socker with packages.)
 
another reason newegg ownz. At least they are helping you.

Fed ex on the other hand... I figured they were better than that :rolleyes:
 
IT IS neweggs fault you should double box cases to protect them more
 
that would be one hell of a big package. the box is big already. but i do see your point.
 
what can Brown do for you?

i feel your pain, i ordered a VS 19'' crt via FedEx and it too had a hole through the box...

enjoy your new case,
-P
 
Format _C: said:
IT IS neweggs fault you should double box cases to protect them more
right, 2 layers of cardboard can stop a forklift!!!!!!1111
 
Ouch. I haven't had anything bad happen to me through shipping, but I'm gonna keep an open mind about these things whenever I make an order.

I've ordered at least 3 cases in my experience, all came in intact, from different resellers. Its not Newegg's fault...
 
I have to think that not even two boxes is going to prevent that kind of abuse. Besides, that would raise prices for everyone and this is probably not a common thing to happen. I'm sure Newegg insures their shipments so they'll get refunded by FedEx for the damage and Newegg will satisfy the customer by sending out a new case ASAP.
 
Buckus said:
I have to think that not even two boxes is going to prevent that kind of abuse. Besides, that would raise prices for everyone and this is probably not a common thing to happen. I'm sure Newegg insures their shipments so they'll get refunded by FedEx for the damage and Newegg will satisfy the customer by sending out a new case ASAP.


you could wrap it in 10 boxes and it wouldn't stop a forklift blade from going through it like butter.

I probably wouldn't have accepted shipment. What did the delivery guy say when he dropped off an obviously damaged package?
 
bizzz111 said:
you could wrap it in 10 boxes and it wouldn't stop a forklift blade from going through it like butter.

I probably wouldn't have accepted shipment. What did the delivery guy say when he dropped off an obviously damaged package?


I don't think he saw it, and I didn't notice until I brought the case up stairs 30 minutes later.
I was in the middle of something at the time, so I just accepted the package [I received 20 other pieces of inventory from newegg the same day] - I mean, it's "all fixed" - as long as my replacement case that comes tomorrow isn't ALSO trashed.. [ crosses fingers ]

I opened the damaged case, figuring I could maybe 'bang out the dents' if fedex just said "ehh.. keep it" but the motherboard tray itself is bent. - I could only put a half-height motherboard in this thing. If fedex does say keep it though, at least i've got extra 120MM fans, an extra stealthed drive bay, and extra brushed aluminum floppy tray that I can salvage out of it. - Also, one of the side panels is in prisitine condition.. so maybe it'll make for a good "dry run" window mod.

The last couple of damaged shipments we've received were never picked up, so.. who knows
 
I'll buy it all off you for cheap if your willing to ship it ups to me *grin*
 
defakto said:
I'll buy it all off you for cheap if your willing to ship it ups to me *grin*


The funny thing is.. I bought this case to replace my "modding project gone wrong" [i let someone else try] on my PC-71..

Scratched side panel, and crooked caster mounts in the bottom [and broken fan control switch] later, and I've got a beat-up pc-71 black.
 
they need to make a case out of 8mm steel and have a a forklift push through it(if it can lol i dont think they got that kinds traction)
 
Ballz2TheWallz said:
they need to make a case out of 8mm steel and have a a forklift push through it(if it can lol i dont think they got that kinds traction)

8mm steel? heh.. Yeah, I think a forklift could do that.
We pushed through our trash compactor on accident when I worked for phar-mor. [over a decade ago]

and that had a 2 inch thick wall..

:)
 
Laforge said:
8mm steel? heh.. Yeah, I think a forklift could do that.
We pushed through our trash compactor on accident when I worked for phar-mor. [over a decade ago]

and that had a 2 inch thick wall..

:)
fine a 12inch hunk of iron
 
B18_Cya said:
damn they must of thrown the case around before sending it to you
I bet you thought it was a joke when you posted it. I know guys who work at Fedex/ups and they tell me the same thing: if you're in a hurry, throw it. They both, ironically, ship everything with the other carrier because they figure theirs sucks so much the alternative must be better.

That said, I've never really had much of a problem with either (or USPS either). George just lucky, guess.

I want a "courier" option. When I buy $5000 worth of stuff, I want it getting to me in one piece, thanks. :D
 
only a scratch

some paint will cover that right up
tongue.gif



if newegg does let you keep it would you consider PMing me with a price to buy it off you?
 
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise: inspiration for a mod! Fed Ex mod!! you could make a case out of the box and turn the hole into a card reader slot. :D Oh, and mount the bent up chasis on a wonky angle with duct tape! And the window should definitely be packing tape with a packing slip mounted nice and centered on it... I've gone too far...
 
Back
Top