Another "have a look and see if i am stunted or not" WC setup thread

I am planning my first WC setup and I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything (parts or otherwise). Any advice would be appreciated as well.

My perspective setup (in a TJ07 if it makes a difference):

I plan on running it pump>rad>CPU>NB>GPU>Fillport>pump (is this the way i should run it?)

Parts:
- Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs
- D-TEK Customs Fuzion CPU Water Block S478/LGA775/S939/AM2/S754 1/2IN Barbs
- Swiftech MCR320 Quiet Power Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded
- Masterkleer Pvc Tubing 7/16IN ID 5/9IN OD 10 Feet
- Ek Water Blocks Full Coverage NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS GPU Block
- Danger Den Cooling System Fillport Black W/ Wrench
- Swiftech Adjustable Black Hose Clamps for 1/2IN Tubing (2 Pack x 6)
- Danger Den G1/4 to 1/2IN High Flow Barb Chrome Fittings (2 Pack)
- Tubing Adapter, 10-13mm, Pair (to join in the NB blcok in the Asus Blitz Formula or Maximux Formula Mobo)
- YATE LOON 120x120x20mm Case Fan - D12SM-12C Medium Speed (x 3 or should i get 6 and go with a push/pull setup?)
- Dangerden High Flow G 1/4 Fittings - 1/2" ( I think I only need one set of these for the rad)
- Poly Wye Fitting - 1/2" (to add the fillport to the loop)
- Some kind of water additive

Am I missing anything? Do I need a rad shroud? Can i mount the fans directly to the rad?

Oh yeah, This is for OCing a Q6600 on the above mentioned mobo(s). But I dont need to go crazy with the OC, just as much as i can. My goal is a quiet OC (quiet over OC though) :)

Thanks for the help.

6 slow yate loons at 5v will perform about as well as 3 at 12v, and be about 30% quieter... It's up to you if you wanna go push-pull :). The medium fans will require 7-9v if you're only going pull... They're not very quiet.

As for everything else, it looks fairly good to me... get some Pentosin for the additive.

Shrouds are not required. Just go down to home depot and pick up some 1 1/4" screws (ask for the 6-32 thread) for 1.99 for about 10 of them. No longer than 1.25" or else you'll damage the radiator!!

Back