Analog in to SPDIF out

Ampsonic

Gawd
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
830
Hello,

I have both a sound blaster audigy and onboard audio on an Asus K8V. What I am trying to do is output digitally from my computer into my receiver. I can get standard computer sound to output fine, but any sound comming in on my analog input (line/mic) does not get routed to the digital out. The only way I can get it to output is to use some recording program and record the analog in, when I play back it plays through the digital connection. Is there any way to get the analog in to play through the digital out?
 
I don't think you can do that. Usually the sound from Line-In just goes straight into your sound card and is meant to be recorded, not streamed over to the digital output. More expensive sound cards can do this but I don't think it's possible with the equipment you have. Of course I have not really experimented too much with this type of configuration so maybe someone else will have some ideas.
 
Back
Top