an unreadable BSOD flicker

Cheetoz

[H]ard|Gawd
big mistake #1: installing tiny personal firewall
big mistake #2: Deleting the folder and all of its utlities
big mistake 3: I dunno why the restore point disappeared.

When i start my computer, every is fine, windows is loading fine, but right before the login screen, a bsod flickers and the system reboots. I have no idea what it says, and the only thing in the event viewer is

Code:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 
AmdK7
Avg7Core
Avg7RsW
Avg7RsXP
Fips
KmxFw
KmxIds

and
Code:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Can anybody help me out?
:(

hmmmmm. You can't boot in normally or in safe mode? looks like you are formatting :|

Cheetoz said:
Yeah, I'm on safemode right now. But no luck on normal boot.
I was under the impression that you were unable to boot at all :p anyways, use Driver Cleaner to clean out the listed drivers. if those names aren't there, look for some labeled tiny personal firewall or something very similar. After that, go to start>run and type regedit. Now seach for all entries labeled Tiny Personal Firewall, and then some labeled by the company that made tiny personal firewall (you may end up needing to delete the entire folder, but be careful when you do).

I've deleted every single trace I could find about the program, but something must be modified and getting an error when Tiny firewall cannot be found.

When I try to uninstall it through add/remove programs, the uninstall runs and then it says *insert tiny service* cannot be modified because it cant start under safemode.

Cheetoz said:
I've deleted every single trace I could find about the program, but something must be modified and getting an error when Tiny firewall cannot be found.

When I try to uninstall it through add/remove programs, the uninstall runs and then it says *insert tiny service* cannot be modified because it cant start under safemode.

Did you remove all the references to it in the registry as well?

woohoo. Was able to delete the entry on the add/remove, reinstall. and the successfully uninstall. THanks for the effort guys.

note: If you wish to torment your enemy, asking them to install tiny firewall sounds good. :p

Back