An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

dudg

n00b
I am have frequent troubles with an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop. I am getting frequent event 51s which tell me An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation. I am also getting frequent BSOD. I goes blue then turns off. The blue scren doesn't stay up long enough to read. I am also getting lots of computer freezes. Can't do anything have to power down.

it could be memory but it sounds like that hard drives bittin the dust.

I'm assuming you've got all your data backed up so you can simply buy a new HDD and pop it in and run that backup software you've been backing up with...

If you havnt backed up and you really need the data off the drive (like $80 worth of need), http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm will probably recover it for you, assuming its a hard error (which it is if its blue screening. Soft errors include stuff dissapearing because the file systems mucked up).

I ran chkdsk /r. I also ran the seagate utility and found no errors. I have new memory on order and if that don't fix it I will order a new harddrive. There is no data on the hd that will be lost just the OS. I am just hoping it is the hd and not the mother board.

Back