• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Amp suggestions/questions

dcam25

n00b
Joined
Apr 19, 2006
Messages
14
Well my first post after lurking for a long long time. I recently purchased a Beyerdynamic DT770 pro(80 ohms) headphones. I have a x-fi fatality to connect them to. Wondered if the drive bay worked as an amp? I also ebayed a cmoy amp. Never used one but if i don't like it i can always use it for the ipod. Now I was wondering about a more permanent desktop headphone amp but i don't want to spend too much like up to $250.I don't have the time to try to build my own so any suggestions Now this all depends on what they headphones sound like out of the x-fi.
 
Wondered if the drive bay worked as an amp?

Kinda sorta.
It does have a relatively high current output stage but so does the front channel output on the back of the card so feel free to file that in the fwiw catagory. ;)

Now I was wondering about a more permanent desktop headphone amp but i don't want to spend too much like up to $250.

This is what I used with the DT770 80 ohmers--------->
http://elvencraft.com/ppav2/
 
One of these might be what you're looking for... Compact and USB or battery powered. They also sell a version that has no USB connectivity and uses a regular wall wart instead of USB.
 
So what does that PPAV2 look like? I can't get a real good feel from the schematics its all geek to me :D
 
dcam25 said:
So what does that PPAV2 look like? I can't get a real good feel from the schematics its all geek to me :D

it looks like this

http://www.electric-avenues.com/amplifiers.html

i am also thinkin about gettting it and the Beyer DT 770pro/80's... that amp cost $60 btw.

how do u like ur DT 770 pro/80's? i am mainly gonna be gaming with them but occasionly listnen to music.... please share ur gaming experience!


the PA2V2 is a highly respected amp btw and gary is known to be a VERY good guy to buy from
 
dcam25 said:
So what does that PPAV2 look like? I can't get a real good feel from the schematics its all geek to me :D

Here is one example.
HPIM2511.jpg
 
Back
Top