amp or sound card?

Well, here's my experience:

My system consists of a Game Theater XP, GilmoreV2 amp, HD650 and HD570 headphones. Adding the amp made a big difference in sound quality, but when I got a new soundcard [Prodigy 7.1] I didn't notice much of a quality difference, as least as not noticeable as the amp. However, the soundcard was 100$, while the amp was 400$ used.

BO(V)BZ
 
What sound card do you have now? If you're using onboard, then a better sound card could make a very big difference for a relatively small cost. The HD590s don't need amps quite as much, but can benefit. If you do go for one it'll likely be pricier than the sound card.
 
alright i guess ill get a soundcard, amp's are probably 2 much money for me! What soundcard do you think is the best deal for soundquality/price? I mean i dont wanna spend an extra 100 dollars just for pretyt much the same sound quality. i heard the audigy2 ZS was good... what do you think?
 
Back
Top