Amd64

Julian

Weaksauce
I know Shuttle do 2 SFF's for the Amd64 but does anyone else?

Going to build a system around one soon so Im looking for alternative to shuttle. Needs an AGP slot as its for games, also would like the ability to watch DVD's without having to load the OS.

Jump over in the HTPC forum. Watching DVD's without the OS would fall in that realm.

Biostar IDEQ 200P is one shuttle alternative. Hit Google for more.

well here's my two cents. I've owned both a 200P and shuttle SN85g4

200P has issues such as whining PSU and its speedfan program which is quite buggy. I returned it for a refund.

SN85g4 main problem is usually its card reader, raid issues, and heat related issues. Most likely you'll have to mod the sn85g4 to keep it cool.

Another way to avoid this is to just pick up an antec aria, find a mATX board. Then just start building from there.

The SN85G4 V2 is out and should solve the heat problems of the previous version.

I have a SN85G4 and they do run HOT - the PSU runs hotter than the cpu in mine, but I have 1G ram, XP3000, 160G sata, Pioneer107 and an ATI 9800-Pro stuffed into it. BTW XP-64bit seems fine - no probs so far.
The major bugbears are that you have to disconnect the card reader when installing otherwise the HDD isnt C: and you have to hang a Floppy out the side to load the sata drivers when installing XP/2000.

Back