• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

AMD Gpu clock tool broken after 10.3a?

vocab

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
266
I was using the AMD GPU clock tool before with no problem. With 10.3a when I go to use it my current values are stuck at 150's/300's, and when I go to change them to my default clocks, I just get a black/gray screen. Is this happening to anyone else?
 
If it did there'd be 5 threads about it by now. Try reinstalling all your drivers.
 
I was using the AMD GPU clock tool before with no problem. With 10.3a when I go to use it my current values are stuck at 150's/300's, and when I go to change them to my default clocks, I just get a black/gray screen. Is this happening to anyone else?


Powerplay / 2D Voltage

I am assuming youou change it to 3D clocks while they are still in 2D mode = crash/lockup/GSOD. Just my guess.
 
Try having a 3D app open when you change them.

That works, but I still have problems with it.

I reverted, and it was fine, but 10.3, and 10.3b won't let me overclock my card properly like before, and it will not save the values on a restart. Afterburner refuses to save my settings no matter what I do. I don't know what to do.
 
Make sure the following settings are enabled in your cfg for MSI's Afterburner.

[Settings]
UnlockVoltageControl = 1

[ATIADLHAL]
EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1

Should be a cfg file in you MSI Afterburner folder. You can drag drop it to your desktop, edit it, then put it back on Vista. Vista often hates to let you edit files while they are still in your program folder.

BTW, on a side note, newer drivers often disable cards that aren't being used in Crossfire. You can disable that by turning off ULPS as follows.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4178603&postcount=100

I have to do that with Afterburner and triple HD 5870 Crossfire or my system will freeze when Afterburner is open and ULPS is active.

ULPS is a power saving feature that switches unused GPUs off.

With the 10.3a drivers ULPS kicks in when I play Crysis and am at the menu screen. That freezes my system. If I disable it that doesn't occur and I can play the game hours on end.

I'd love to see ATi place a toggle button in OD that lets you turn ULPS off and on, or make a disable/enable setting under the 3d tab.
 
Back
Top